Deadline: Monday, January 27, 2020
Important 2020 Due Dates
- October 31: Submit an article to IHS on my presentation topic to be considered for inclusion in IHS’ quarterly magazine, The Hearing Professional
SPEAKER AGREEMENT: To confirm your participation in the IHS Convention & Expo, you must sign a Speaker Agreement. Signed agreements are due to IHS no later than April 1, 2020.
CONVENTION ATTENDANCE: IHS is pleased to provide each seminar speaker with one (1) complimentary convention registration for the 2020 IHS Convention & Expo. The Speaker Registration Form is due to IHS by June 30, 2020. Innovation Station presenters do not receive complimentary registration.
SPEAKER CANCELLATION: Per your presentation submission, you agree to provide a substitute speaker in the unlikely event you need to cancel your participation.
SPEAKER CONFERENCE CALL: Join us for a prep call on Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 7:00-7:30pm Eastern Time. Conference Call #: (712) 775-7035, Participant Code: 653526#. This call is mandatory for new speakers.
SPEAKER PHOTO: Please provide your current professional photograph to IHS. Your photo may or may not be used in convention promotional materials such as the website, brochure, email marketing, etc. Please provide your photograph electronically as a high resolution, print-ready JPG or EPS file. Photos are due to IHS by April 1, 2020.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Learning Objectives: Please identify at least three (3) key points describing what attendees will learn from your presentation. Updated learning objectives are due to IHS by July 1, 2020. Learning outcomes must be stated on one of the slides in your PowerPoint presentation.
- 10-Question Quiz: Please provide a 10-question, multiple choice or true/false assessment that will be used to demonstrate the attendee’s attainment of the learning outcomes. The quiz is due to IHS by July 1, 2020.
POWERPOINT PRESENTATION SLIDES: A first draft of PowerPoint presentation slides (.PPT) are due on August 1, 2020. A FINAL version of the presentation slides (.PPT) is due to IHS by September 12, 2020. IHS reserves the right to edit or recommend changes to the presentation slides and content.
- PowerPoint Template: IHS will provide a PowerPoint template for the standardized compilation and display of all speaker presentation slides (.PPT). Each speaker must prepare the draft and final version of the presentation slides using the IHS template. The learning objectives must be listed on one of the slides in the PPT slide deck. The template will be available in June 2020.
- Electronic Presentation Format: Be sure that your presentation is submitted using Microsoft Office 2003 or higher. If your presentation contains audio or video, all of the electronic source files (.AVI, .WMV, .MPG) must be submitted to IHS. Video and sound will not play unless the video/audio files are pre-loaded onto the laptop computer in the seminar room.
- Final Presentation Slides (PPT): The final slide show (.PPT) will be pre-loaded onto the laptop computer in the seminar room. Internet access is not available in the seminar rooms. Speakers may bring their presentation slides on a thumb drive for back-up purposes.
- IHS’s Presentation Tips: These will assist you in developing your presentation and PowerPoint slides. We recommend no more than 25 slides for a 1-hour presentation.
Please note: After the convention, IHS will convert the PPT slides to PDF and post them on our website for convention attendees to download.
SPEAKER INTRODUCTION: The speaker introduction will be read by the introducer at beginning of the seminar. Please prepare 2-3 sentences about your professional experience as your introduction. Your previously submitted biography will be posted on our website and may or may not be used in convention promotional materials. Introductions are due to IHS by August 15, 2020.
ROOM SET-UP & AV:
- Room Set-up: Most seminar rooms will be set as classroom or theater style seating to maximize the space. However, speakers may request special set-up by discussing with IHS no later than July 1, 2020.
- Audiovisual Equipment: IHS will provide a screen, laptop computer, a remote-controlled mouse with laser pointer, LCD projector, sound cord, and wireless microphone in each seminar room. Final presentation slides (.PPT) will be pre-loaded onto the laptop computer in the seminar room. Internet access is not available in the seminar rooms. If your presentation contains audio or video, all of the electronic files (.AVI, .WMV, .MPG) must be submitted to IHS. Video and sound will not play unless the video/audio files are pre-loaded onto the laptop computer in the seminar room. Speakers may bring their presentation slides on a thumb drive for back-up purposes. If other AV equipment is necessary, please contact IHS.
HANDOUTS: IHS does not distribute copies of the PPT slides or handouts. If you wish to distribute handouts, you may do so at your own expense. Please prepare and bring 200 copies.
HOTEL: Town and Country San Diego 500 Hotel Circle North, San Diego, CA 92108, 1.619.291.7131
RECORDING: IHS may record the seminar for purposes yet to be determined. IHS will notify the speaker of future use of recordings, if any.
MONITOR: A volunteer seminar monitor will introduce you at the beginning of the seminar.
GOING GREEN: In accordance with our efforts to be environmentally responsible, we are taking a “Go Green” approach to seminar materials. Attendees may access seminar slides (PDF) after the convention. If you wish to distribute handouts, you may do so at your own expense. Please prepare and bring 200 copies.
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in presentations made at International Hearing Society (IHS) convention and educational events are those of the speaker and not necessarily of IHS. Presentations at IHS events, or the presence of a speaker at an IHS event, does not constitute an endorsement of the speaker’s views.
ARTICLE: As a selected speaker, you agreed to submit an article on your presentation topic to be considered for inclusion in IHS’s quarterly magazine, The Hearing Professional. Articles are due by October 31, 2020. Editorial guidelines will be provided.
SEND DOCUMENTS TO: Joy Wilkins, Director of Professional Development, (734) 522-7200, cell: (248) 245-6464.