Innovation Station is Exclusively Available to Exhibiting Companies
Download the Innovation Station Participation Guide here.
Presentations in the Innovation Station will be scheduled by the International Hearing Society on Thursday, October 1, 2020. Innovation Station presentations are 60-minutes each and eligible for 1 continuing education credit. The participation fee is $1,000 per presentation.
The Innovation Station will provide attendees with inside access to clinical research, new product demonstrations and emerging technology that will change hearing care. This includes:
- New or updated software
- Hearing aid products and/or features
- Ground-breaking research with recognized conclusions
- Innovative products or services
Innovation Station | Our Goals
- Presentations will provide attendees new product training, hands-on learning and/or demonstrations.
- Presentations will allow attendees to gain new knowledge on products and their new or improved functionality.
- Presentations showcase innovative products or services.
About Your Proposal
Your proposal is due by Monday, January 27, 2020. Submissions will be evaluated for innovative quality and relevance. Submissions with innovative, new-to-market products are essential. Hands-on product experiences and demonstrations are encouraged. Topics should interest hearing care professionals in a variety of practice settings. Proposals will be selected by the IHS education committee. You will be notified in early March 2020 on the status of your submission.
We receive many proposals for the annual convention, so please understand that it is a difficult and highly selective process for our team of volunteers and staff to review and choose from among the many excellent submissions we receive. As such, quality rather than quantity is always best when submitting proposals. We much prefer to receive your best ideas rather than every idea you might have, so only send us the ones you think meet the goals of the 2020 Innovation Station.
We suggest that you first develop your abstract in MS Word, then copy and paste the information into the appropriate sections in the online submission form. The online form does not have spellcheck and some symbols do not render appropriately. Please review and edit your information before submitting it. Please do NOT submit the Word version of the form via email — all submissions MUST be submitted via the online form, and by the deadline.
About Your Presentation
Product names may appear in the presentation title and presentation slides. Company logos and product images will be used to promote the presentation as part of the 2020 Innovation Station and the annual event. Product pamphlets may only be distributed during the presentation in the Innovation Station.
Continuing Education Requirements:
- Learning Objectives: You must provide at least three (3) key points describing what attendees will learn from your presentation in your proposal. Updated learning objectives are due to IHS by July 1, 2020. Learning outcomes must be stated on one of the slides in your PowerPoint presentation.
- 10-Question Quiz: You must provide a 10-question, multiple choice or true/false assessment that will be used to demonstrate the attendee’s attainment of the learning outcomes. The quiz is due to IHS by July 1, 2020.
PowerPoint Presentation Slides: A final version of the presentation slides (.PPT) is due to IHS by September 12, 2020. IHS reserves the right to edit or recommend changes to the presentation slides and content.
- Electronic Presentation Format: Be sure that your presentation is submitted using Microsoft Office 2003 or higher. If your presentation contains audio or video, all of the electronic files (.AVI, .WMV, .MPG) must be submitted to IHS. Video and sound will not play unless the video/audio files are pre-loaded onto the laptop computer in the seminar room.
- IHS’s Presentation Tip: no more than 25 slides for a 1 hour presentation.
Room Set-up: The Innovation Station room will be set as classroom or theater style seating to maximize the space. However, presenters may request special room set-up or demonstration space by discussing with IHS no later than